As elefint’s Social Media Intern, you will work closely with our core team on high-visibility social media projects that support the launch of our projects and help share our story online. The ideal candidate is tech and design savvy, driven and enthusiastic about being part of our team.
Does this sound like you?
- Creative mindset, entrepreneurial approach, and can-do attitude
- Enthusiastic about what we can create together
- Professional and proactive
- Track record working with the most popular forms of social media (Instagram and Twitter)
- Savvy with the newest social media marketing techniques
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Top-notch with time-management and follow-up
- Ability to absorb feedback and take direction
- Interest in working in the social good space
- U.S. citizens or authorized to work in the U.S.
- Loves elefints as much as we do!
About the role
As our Social Media Intern, you will uphold elefint’s brand across various social and web platforms. Part of your role will include writing original content, copy-editing, and converting long-form posts into social-worthy teasers. You will be exposed to a higher level of responsibility than a typical intern, and should be capable of owning projects from start to finish. Working closely with elefint’s Design Producer, you will also help with key content strategy tasks including:
- Uphold and evolve the studio’s voice through new and compelling posts
- Understand and track analytics using IFTTT; Reporting results and new ideas to our core team
- Support core team in research and content curation for elefint’s blog
Specific responsibilities include:
1. Design and post timely and relevant content on Instagram and Twitter. Track and report engagement to elefint team. (60% of time)
2. Research, content curation and editing blog posts (30% of time)
3. Personal project of your choice – To be determined and supervised by our Design Producer based on your goals and interests (10% of time)
Technical skills required:
1. Project management tools: Google Drive, Asana, Slack, and Dropbox
2. Creative tools: Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (primarily Photoshop and Illustrator) and Sketch
Compensation & Perks
We make sure you receive an enriching learning experience that fits your growth and career goals. To that end, we offer school credit, hourly compensation, and the opportunity to work remotely.
This is a 20-hour per week commitment from mid-February to mid-May 2019.
How to Apply
Tell us why you’d make a great fit and send resume and response to email@example.com by Friday, January 25, 2019 at 5pm PST.